This post is sponsored by Menulog
I recently attended a thermomix demonstration and the first thing they did was go around the room and ask us all to describe a typical week of food in our home.
After explaining that I don’t really cook and neither does my husband, we went through a typical week of food in our home.
- Sunday: Roast (beef) and veg
- Monday: Tandoori chicken with salad
- Tuesday: Nachos
- Wednesday: Pasta with home made sauce
- Thursday: Takeaway
- Friday: Takeaway
- Saturday: Takeaway
We went around the room and as we reached the last person she observed “What a great way to get to know people!” Throughout the room there were answers varying from “I can’t be bothered cooking when I’m at home alone so I just chuck some veggies in a stir fry and that’s it” to “I make everything from scratch” to “I’ve been making the same things every week for the past 20 years”.
I felt ridiculously embarrassed that I was the only one who relied on takeaway to get through the week, but in my defence it’s very rarely food like McDonalds or Pizza Hut, it’s more like chicken, salad & chips from the chicken shop, Indian and Thai. I console myself with the fact that we’re still getting our vitamins, even if they’re coming at a much higher cost than making them at home (although at $15 for the two of us, it’s not hitting my wallet as hard as you might think).
But we all know I kind of suck when it comes to household tasks, so I don’t feel like it should come as a shock to anyone.
Please tell me I’m not alone.
To win an $80 Menulog voucher simply answer this question:
What’s for dinner at your house?
The legal bits:
- Competition opens 12pm Friday 15 August 2014 and closes Friday 29 August 2014
- Entry is open to residents of Australia only.
- Entries will be judged on creativity.
- Total prize pool $80.
- Prize of 1 x $80 Menulog voucher to be used for delivery from a local restaurant of the winner’s choice
- Winner will be notified via reply comment on KK&T and will have 48 hours to claim their prize. In the event of the prize not being claimed, another winner will be selected.
- The voucher will be valid for 1 month after the winner is announced and is for one use only. The winner will receive their voucher via email as soon as they contact KK&T.
This post is sponsored by Menulog. All opinions are my own.